Mold and mildew in the home are more than just unpleasant – they can cause odors, destruction, and even worse, allergies and physical health symptoms.

Here’s how to clean mold and mildew in your home so you don’t have to worry about the negative effects they cause.

How to Clean Mold and Mildew in Your Home

First things first: You may need to hire a professional for help. If you have allergies, or if the issue is too bad, don’t put yourself at risk.

If you’re doing it yourself, here’s what to do, depending on where it’s located:

  • Hard, non-porous surfaces need vinegar, which is a safe and non-toxic mold killer, Borax, or bleach.
  • Soft surfaces that are made from fabric require washing in hot water with bleach – and if they can’t be washed, they may need to be replaced.