If you’re like many people with a water-damaged home in Ann Arbor, Jackson or any of the surrounding communities, you have one big question on your mind: How much does it cost to repair water damage? This guide explains.
How Much Does it Cost to Repair Water Damage?
Every project is different, and the best way to find out how much it’ll cost to repair water damage in your home is to consult with a professional. The expert you call can evaluate your situation and see how much damage needs to be repaired; that’s the only way to get an exact figure.
With that said, there are several factors that will affect your final cost to repair water damage, including:
- The size of the damaged area. Naturally, it costs more to repair a large area than it does a small one. You can expect to pay more to repair water damage that’s affecting your whole home than you would pay if it was only affected your bathroom, for example.
- Whether there is still water present in the area. If all the standing water has been removed, dried or evaporated, you won’t have to pay your water damage restoration expert to remove it. However, if there is still standing water, don’t wait for it to disappear on its own – you need a professional to remove the water as soon as possible to prevent further damage (and higher repair costs).
- The types of materials that were damaged. Some materials are easier to repair than others are. For example, wood may be easier to fix than a carpet or drywall would be – and that means your costs will vary based on the difficulty of the materials.
- Whether the water was clean, or it was gray water or black water. When water is a biohazard, it’s typically more expensive to deal with.
- Whether there’s mold present. Water damage often leads to mold growth, which is a problem you have to address immediately. If there’s mold present, you’ll need to work with a water damage restoration expert who’s also a mold remediation pro.
Related: What is sewage?
Do You Need a Disaster Remediation Expert in Washtenaw County or Jackson County?
If your home has already been damaged, we can help. Check out our services and call 734-352-9183 for your free disaster remediation quote today. We offer:
Sewer cleanup and disinfecting