Be Aware Of Policy Limits For Mold
Before making an insurance claim, ask our ExactRecon crew to review the loss and help you determine if a claim in necessary. A large majority of insurance carriers do not cover mold. If they do, you must be aware of the policy limits. We’re glad to help you navigate any questions.
We at ExactRecon follow the IICRC S520 standards for mold remediation. We also follow all federal and state laws along with MIOSHA regulations.
With the majority of mold remediation jobs we will use or recommend a 3rd party environmental hygienist to do a site visit and write a protocol for proper cleaning.
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air. They may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Call Chad (734) 352-9183 Now or fill out the form below for a FREE In Home Estimate.
#WashtenawCounty #JacksonCounty #Michigan