Our winter storms are no joke. Whether you’re in Washtenaw County, Jackson County or elsewhere, it’s important that you know what to have on-hand in case of a winter storm.
Use this checklist to prepare.
Winter Storm Supply Checklist for Michiganders
This winter storm supply checklist for Michiganders (you can use it in other states, too!) will help ensure you’re ready for our wintry weather this year. Also, bear in mind that if your home is damaged by a winter storm, there are people – like Exact Recon – who can help you get your life back on track.
- Water (1 gallon per person, per day, for at least 3 days)
- Food (at least a 3-day supply)
- Battery-powered radio or hand-crank radio
- First-aid kits
- Spare batteries
- Moist towelettes, trash bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Manual can opener
- Cell phones and backup batteries
- Medications (prescription and non-prescription)
- Pet food and extra water for animals
- Contact lens solution, if applicable
- Baby supplies, if applicable
- Chlorine bleach
- Fire extinguisher
- Waterproof matches (or matches in a waterproof container)
- Feminine hygiene supplies
- Entertainment (books, games and puzzles)
Do You Need a Disaster Remediation Expert in Washtenaw County?
If your home has already been damaged by a winter storm, we can help. Check out our services and call 734-352-9183 for your free disaster remediation quote today. We offer: