This winter has been unlike any other in recent memory – and though it’s a far cry from the Blizzard of ’78, there’s still a good chance that your home will be damaged by a winter storm. So who do you call for winter storm damage? The experts at Exact Recon. Here’s what you need to know.
Who to Call for Winter Storm Damage
If your home is damaged by a winter storm, call us right away at 734-352-9183. We can send out a team as soon as possible to evaluate the extent of the damage and prevent more from happening – and we’ll be there to answer your questions and give you a hand every step of the way.
What Kind of Damage Do Winter Storms Do to Homes in Michigan?
The most common types of winter storm damage include:
- Roof damage due to high winds and ice
- Roof collapse due to heavy snow, ice or sleet
- Water damage due to burst pipes and ice dams
Related: Why are ice dams bad?
What Should You Do if Your Home is Damaged by a Winter Storm?
First things first: Call us to let us know we need to gear up and get on our way. After you’ve done that, stay calm – we’ll be there as soon as we can. From there:
- Make sure everyone’s safe. Keep people out of damaged areas of your home – or, if you can, get to another location that’s safe, warm and dry.
- Turn off power and water. If you have a burst pipe, shut off the main water valve to your home; turn off the power, too, in case of flooding.
- Track your losses. See what personal property has been damaged (in addition to your home).
- Take property out of damaged areas if it’s safe to do so.
Related: Snow and ice preparedness 101: A Michigan primer
Do You Need a Disaster Remediation Expert in Washtenaw County or Jackson County?
If your home has already been damaged, we can help. Check out our services and call 734-352-9183 for your free disaster remediation quote today. We offer:
Sewer cleanup and disinfecting