What are MVOCs

What are MVOCs?

//
Categories,

When your home is subject to a disaster, you need to know that microbial volatile organic compounds can linger inside.

But what are MVOCs, and how do we get rid of them?

What Are MVOCs?

Microbial volatile organic compounds are small microbes that mold and bacteria release. It’s a common issue after a fire, when there’s smoke damage or water damage, or when there’s mold growing in your home.

The big problem with MVOCs is that they create more odor in your home – and you could already be battling that after a fire or water damage. These MVOCs, because they come from mold and bacteria, can thrive within your walls and cause big problems anywhere that there’s moisture.

We can remove MVOCs through a series of actions that all starts with drying out the affected area. These types of growths thrive in damp environments, which means we have to get rid of the dampness before we can do anything else. From there, we can use a combination of other techniques, including:

  • Proper ventilation
  • Complete cleaning
  • Treatment with counteractants, when appropriate

In a lot of cases, counteractants – like ammonia, vinegar or enzymes, as well as some chemicals designed to get rid of mold and bacteria – do the trick.

Do You Need a Disaster Remediation Expert in Washtenaw County?

Check out our services and call 734-352-9183 for your free disaster remediation quote today. We offer:

Leave a Reply

Share This