Mold can be incredibly dangerous to pets – and if it’s in your home, even if you’re not experiencing any negative health effects, it’s important that you have it handled by a mold remediation expert right away.

Mold and Your Pets: What You Need to Know

Although many pet owners aren’t on the lookout for mold in their own homes, they should be. That’s because pets may pick up on a mold infestation far sooner than humans can, in some cases, and they can begin experiencing negative health effects that can even become lethal.

Pet Symptoms of Mold Exposure

If your pet is experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be worth having your home checked for mold:

  • Excessive scratching
  • Licking or chewing on paws
  • Skin rashes
  • Lethargy or fatigue you can’t explain from something else
  • Ear infections
  • Itchy ears
  • Frequent sneezing
  • Wheezing while breathing
  • Sores
  • Runny eyes
  • Runny nose

When you see these symptoms, take your pet to the veterinarian and let him or her know that you think your pet may have been exposed to mold. Then, call a mold remediation expert to come to your home and perform a few tests to find out if that’s the culprit.

Without treatment and with repeated exposure, your pet could actually die from mold exposure.

Do You Need a Disaster Remediation Expert in Washtenaw County?

Check out our services and call 734-352-9183 for your free disaster remediation quote today. We offer: