Check out these five smart safety tips for indoor and outdoor cleaning this spring.
5 Smart Safety Tips for Indoor and Outdoor Cleaning This Spring
Spring is here, and for many of us, that means cleaning things up inside and outside our homes. Here are five smart safety tips for indoor and outdoor cleaning this spring:
- Lift with your legs. We know you’ve heard it a million times, but always lift with your leg muscles and not your back. This is particularly true when you are moving heavy items, such as outdoor furniture or other large objects. If you need one, wear a back brace!
- Wear dust masks and eye protection when necessary. When you are cleaning things out, especially when you know you’ll be dealing with dust or dirt, or when there’s a potential mold hazard, you should wear a dust mask and goggles or other eye protection. Even if the substances you are dealing with aren’t particularly dangerous, protecting your lungs and eyes is smart.
- Read all chemical labels carefully. from weed treatments to cleaning supplies, there’s a good chance that you’ll be dealing with some type of chemicals as you clean indoor and outdoor areas this spring. You should make sure to read the labels carefully before using any chemicals; that’s the best way to keep yourself, your family and your pets safe.
- Be careful with ladders. Ladder safety is incredibly important, and it’s not something you can ignore. When you’re cleaning out gutters, washing windows, or dusting the tops of ceiling fans, you should always wear shoes with soles that feature a great grip. You should also make sure that the ladder is stable and on level ground, and if possible, have someone hold the ladder for you.
- Manage your trash to keep kids and pets safe. Cleaning solutions, debris and other items that end up in the trash need to be handled and disposed of properly so they don’t pose a danger to kids or pets.
Do You Need a Disaster Remediation Expert in Washtenaw County or Jackson County?
If your home has already been damaged, we can help. Check out our services and call 734-352-9183 for your free disaster remediation quote today. We offer: