Kitchen Fire Prevention Tips from Exact Recon
- Turn off the stove. Always turn off your oven or stove when it’s not in use. If you need help remembering, set a timer to go off when you’re finished cooking.
- Be careful with grease. Grease fires can spread extremely quickly, so be extra careful when you’re cooking with grease or other flammable liquids.
- Watch towels. Towels and pot holders are very flammable, so keep them well away from burners and stoves. Try to store them in a drawer across the kitchen, too.
- Stick around. Never leave a stove, oven or burners on unattended. If you must leave the room, make it a quick trip – accidents can happen in the blink of an eye.
- Keep kids out. Kids should only be in the kitchen under direct adult supervision. It’s not that you can’t trust them – it’s that they don’t know how to handle emergencies.
Do You Need to Talk to a Fire Restoration Specialist?
If you need to talk to a fire restoration specialist, we can help. We provide several damage restoration services, including fire, smoke and soot restoration services, as well as water damage restoration services in Ann Arbor and all the surrounding communities that can help you and your family get back on track.
Call us at 734-352-9183 or get in touch with us online today.